10 & 21 mm Vertical Twin Screw Extruder – 40:1 L/D
The complete Rondol range of pharmaceutical and high-tech equipment is engineered to meet the rigid requirements of the industry, including strict adherence to GMP guidelines and standards, as well as the use of FDA approved materials of construction upon request. Minimum quantities of high value samples can be processed which enables time and cost savings in method development, procedure optimization and preparation for scale-up production from our 10mm TSE to our 21mm TSE.
10 & 21 mm Microlab Meets Healthcare Specific Requirements
- All contact parts are in stainless steel passivated to achieve a high level surface finish
- HMI controlled Omron or Siemens PLC
- An “easy clean” barrel allows quick access to screws and barrel for cleaning, screw configuration change and unrestricted wipe down thanks to a removable barrel liner and therefore a minimum residual quantity in the barrel at the end of a production run (less than 10/20g).
- 40:1 – the barrel can be set up to a length to screw diameter ratio of 40 L/D (the standard ratio is 25 L/D) which allows a “soft” extrusion to avoid the degradation of formulation ingredients.
- Optional high temperature operation of up to 450°C enables the machine to process polymers such as PEEK or PEKK widely used for high tech implants and devices.
- Feed-dosing of different additives (liquid or solid(powder or pellet)) to allow both melt or wet extrusion to incorporate a wide variety of controlled release drugs in solid dosage forms with high levels of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
- Optional barrel plug connection to inject supercritical CO2 within the barrel during the extrusion process enables the machine either to produce effervescent foams that increase the release rate of the embedded drug or to better control the melt temperature for temperature sensitive ingredients.
Horizontal - Twin Screw (10 & 21 mm HME – TSE)
The processing unit of our Twin-Screw Extruders is a clamshell “easy clean” barrel with interchangeable, segmented screws that can be reconfigured to a specific application by selecting various kneading, mixing, and shear screw elements. All machines are HMI controlled and configured with either Omron or Siemens PLC as requested. The screws are co-rotating, intermeshing, and self-cleaning. All material contact surfaces are GMP & FDA compliant upon request.
We offer 10mm, 21mm, twin screw extruders – all in various L/D ratios (10/25/30/40)
Additionally, we offer a wide range of Pre/ Post extrusion options
- Feeders for granules and powder (Gravimetric/Volumetric)
- Feed Dosing
- Liquid and CO2 Injection
- Various dies & custom applications
- Metal and Plastic conveyors
- Fixed and Variable speed pelletizers
- Air Knife
- Custom Ancillaries
Minimum quantities of high value samples can be processed with the unique Microlab 10mm which enables time and cost savings in method development, procedure optimization and preparation for scale-up production from our 10mm to our 21mm twin screw extruders.
Horizontal - Single Screw
Rondol Single Screw Extruders include the 12mm and 18mm (25/30/40/50/60mm) for laboratory and general-purpose use. Each combines high production capabilities, energy efficiency and ease of use with compact size, and are well suited to a wide range of polymers and processing applications.
A full range of upstream and downstream synchronized accessories can be supplied; Feeders, dies, full range of screw pitches, winder, pelletizer, laser gauging system, cooling tube line system
- Blown film
- Sheet film
- Over-jacketing – wire coating
- Extrusion coating –
- Food extrusion – Snacks, pet food, cereals